Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Designer Julien Macdonald says plus-size models are "a joke"

Erin Donnelly from Stylelist couldn't have said it any better:
"Sometimes fashion designers are better seen and not heard."


Julien Macdonald Is hoping that as a judge on "Britain's Next Top Model" he can be sure to sway any decision that may involve a plus -size model winning the title...but not in favor of the model.


This is a serious show. You can't have a plus-size girl winning...it makes it a joke. It's not fair on them... you're setting them up for a fall. I know what would happen to them. They are looked down on."
FIRST of all if I wanted advice from an aging hobbit, I'd take my ass to the shire where for sure they love a little curve on a lady.
It's people like him, Lagerfeld, and all the snot-nosed designers that have never thought outside of a size -1, that make people hate models and the fashion industry.
It's people like them that crawl like parasites out of the creases of magazines and shine their low self-esteem rays on poor men and women.
I'm a plus-size woman and I can tell you right now, I'm not looked down upon. I know ALOT of plus-sized people that are not looked down upon. 
If anyone is looked down upon, it's assholes like this.
Don't EVER let jerks like this takeover the media and project their vibes on you.
 Remember to always be stronger than the assholes on TV

No comments:

Post a Comment