Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blue Lace and Body Positivity

    It's hot, it's sunny, so (IF YOU WANT) it's time to shed the layers and break out some lace! When it's hot I like all kinds of flow so when I saw this cami, all I could think is "SKIN SEASON"
   
   Unfortunately sold out, this blue lace cami top from Torrid is so sexy but has its pros, cons and mehs.

PROS: Airy, bright blue, lace, lace….lace.
CONS: Snags on jean buttons. WAH
MEHS: If you wear underwear that is high-rise it will peak-a-boo up n' out. You could totally wear something under this top if you prefer coverage, but if not and you dig colour coordination, be aware of sneaky panties.

I love it but on a slightly serious note, it has definitely started a couple of heated conversations.
   
   I have a decent relationship with my body and as long as a person feels comfortable with what they wear they should shut out all criticism and just rock on. Someone close to me told me that I was brave for showing off my belly and other parts and I was instantly taken aback. Are there parts of me I should be scared of or others find scary?

   My body is not anyone else's concern and if they don't like it, I can't think of anything to tell them short of "You're ignorant, get lost." The only differences between my midsection and that of a bikini model's are that we are unique in our own way and that society prefers one over the other.

   I don't care what anyone finds "flattering" because my body is here for my enjoyment and not theirs. At the same time I'm well within my right to not have a happy relationship with my body ALL THE TIME and have, what I call, "bad days." I am allowed to take my shirt off at a beach and walk around in a bra and be happy with myself.

   I will not let you make me feel like I've brought down all the plagues on humanity just because I'm ok with my fabulous fat.

Get yo' body positivity on!



No comments:

Post a Comment